Beth Werlin, Deputy Legal Director for the American Immigration Council, discusses the recent...
Secure Communities: A Resource Page
The following IPC resources lay out the basics of Secure Communities program, how it works, key areas of concern and recommendations on how to improve the program.
- Secure Communities: A Fact Sheet (updated November 2011)
- The Secure Communities Program: Unanswered Questions and Continuing Concerns (updated November 2011)
- Immigration Detainers: A Comprehensive Look (February 2010)
Secure Communities Task Force:
- Read DHS Inspector General's report on the Operation of Secure Communities and the Communication Regarding Participation (April 2012)
- Read IPC's Summary and Analysis of the Inspector General Reports on Secure Communities (April 2012)
- Blog Post: DHS Inspector General Issues Disappointing Reports on ICE’s Secure Communities Program (April 2012)
For Other Resources on Secure Communities, see:
- Blog posts on ICE's Secure Communities Program
- Telebriefing: ICE's "Secure Communities" Is Coming to Your State (Telebriefing, October 2011)
- American Immigration Council Addresses Problems with Draft Immigration Detainer Policy (Council Statement, October 2010)
- ICE’S Enforcement Priorities and the Factors that Undermine Them (IPC Special Report, November 2010)
Published On: Tue, Nov 23, 2010