Patrick Taurel, Legal Fellow and the American Immigration Council, provides an in-depth look...
The DREAM Act: A Resource Page
The plight of the DREAM Act students encapsulates many facets of today's immigration crisis. Caught in a system where there is little, if any, means for legalizing their status, smart, hard-working kids face an uncertain future because of their inability to continue their education, work, or join the military. The loss of potential, productivity, and hope for these individuals is also a loss for this country. The United States is missing out on talented workers and entrepreneurs, and is losing vital tax revenues and other economic contributions. While fixing this particular problem will hardly resolve the need for comprehensive immigration reform, it will unlock the door to the American dream for thousands of young people each year.
Deferred Action for DREAMers:
- Read our Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals Resource Page (Updated August 2013)
Basic Facts on DREAM Act:
- Read our Guide to S.744, which contains the strongest ever DREAM Act.
- Read A Comparison of the DREAM Act, Sen. Rubio's Proposal and Other Proposals for Undocumented Youth (June 2012)
- Read the 2011 DREAM Act Bill (May 2011)
- Read Basic Facts on the DREAM Act (May 2011)
- Read Dispelling DREAM Act Myths (November 2010)
- Watch Sen. Dick Durbin (D-IL) re-introduce the DREAM Act
Support for DREAM Act:
- 100 Law Professors Urge White House to Grant Administrative Relief to DREAMers (May 2012)
- Senior Department of Homeland Security Officials Support the DREAM Act (December 2010)
- State Lawmakers from Critical States Speak Out in Favor of DREAM Act (December 2010)
- Scholars Unite Behind DREAM Act (December 2010)
Economic Benefits of the DREAM Act:
- Read Economic Benefits of Granting Deferred Action to Unauthorized Immigrants Brought to U.S. as Youth (June 2012)
- Read Investing in the American DREAM (December 2010)
- Read The DREAM Act: Creating Economic Opportunities (November 2010)
- Read The DREAM Act in Arizona: An Economic Perspective (September 2010)
- Read Wasted Talent and Broken Dreams: The Lost Potential of Undocumented Students (October 2007)
Tuition Equity Legislation:
- State Bills on Access to Education for Immigrants (National Immigration Law Center 2012)
- States Continue to Propose Tuition Equity for Undocumented Immigrants (March 2012)
- Tuition Equity Bills Continue to Build Momentum in State Legislatures (February 2012)
- Governor Jerry Brown Signs Immigration Bills that Help, Not Hurt, California’s Economy (October 2011)
- Tuition Equity Legislation for Undocumented Students Picks Up Speed (April 2011)
Related Articles and Blog Posts:
You can read all of our DREAM Act publications here.
Published On: Thu, Sep 16, 2010
Read Our Blog
Read the latest in immigration news at ImmigrationImpact.com, with new articles published every weekday.
Text FACTS to 51555 to get the latest posts sent right to your phone.