The AIC's Executive Director, Ben Johnson, was quoted in an article in the New York Times....
Detention: A Resource Page
The following IPC resources explain the basics of immigrant detention in the United States, address problems within the system and point towards possible solutions.
Issues in Immigration Detention:
- Locked Up Without End: Indefinite Detention of Immigrants Will Not Make America Safer (Oct. 2011)
- Immigration Detainers: A Comprehensive Look (Feb. 2010)
- Rep. Lamar Smith’s “Keep Our Community Safe Act of 2011” Creates More Problems than Solutions (July 2011)
- Non-Citizens with Mental Disabilities: The Need for Better Care in Detention and in Court (Nov. 2010)
The Criminal Alien Program:
- The Criminal Alien Program: Immigration Enforcement in Prisons and Jails (Feb. 2010)
- The Criminal Alien Program: Immigration Enforcement in Travis County, Texas (Feb. 2010)
- Non-Deportable Immigrants Languish in Alabama Detention Center at Taxpayers’ Expense
- ICE Distorts Facts in Debate over Immigration Detainers
- ACLU Brings Cases of Immigration Detention Abuse to Light
- Runaway Costs for Immigration Detention Do Not Add Up to Sensible Policies
- Who’s Monitoring the Corrections Corporation of America (CCA)?
- Prisonomics 101: How the Prison Industry Got Arizona’s SB1070 onto Gov. Jan Brewer’s Desk
- All blog posts on detention
For more information on the Secure Communities Program, visit our Secure Communities Resource Page
Published On: Mon, Jun 06, 2011